View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Thanks. You have great suggestions.

Hi,
It seems that others like breakfast food too.

I had pancakes once a long time ago at IHOP but didn't like them -- that was probably one of my fussy phases. I can go back. I've been to Denny's twice lately and ordered breakfast food and I enjoyed it, but I'm not fond of the sitting area either. I used to work at Denny's when I was a youngster and the menu theme is pretty much the same and I am comfortable with that.

I did some googling:

Cracker Barrel and Steak and Shake and Original Pancake House -- outside of my neighborhood but not so far away that I couldn't try driving there at least once. Years ago at Waffle House I had a burger. I haven't tried their breakfasts. On google, Waffle House looks a little far away.

We have a family run Greek diner that can do breakfast food at night of course, but they close at 9:00 pm. They have good pancakes. I don't think that they have grits on the menu -- so for a pancake meal they are fine.

I took hubby back to the nearby deli for lunch on Sat and I ordered the same breakfast I did on Friday. It was wonderful. hubby hated the place. It was small and crowded on a Saturday. I think his anxieties got kicked up by feeling a bit crowded.

When I googled Dunkin Doughnuts, I found that there are a number of them near here. I don't drink coffee so I don't notice them when I am driving, but they would do in a pinch late at night -- have to find if they are open 24 hours here. The ones near-ish me are not full service kitchens for sandwiches and such -- I remember that. Still, I could check again.

No Bob Evans
No Big Boy

I need to ask or keep my eye out or keep googling for Mom and Pop places.

That's cool that others like breakfast foods out at restaurants too.

Here's a link I just found to restaurants and other stores that are open late at night
http://www.verylate.com/chains.html

M.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-07-2009), waves (06-07-2009)