View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 10:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank You

to all have, so far, responded to by question related to balance. I knew this was the place for me to get some answers.Jaye...we especially want to thank you for assuring both of us that we are always welcome here...which brings me to the point that Doreen would very much like to contribute to the forum, but has been unsuccessful in trying to register. I can remember that I had difficulty when I first registered so many years ago. Eventually, I was successful and was validly registered...but, at some point along the way, I became invalidated and now...every time I access the site, it states that I am a "visitor" with limited ability, although I am able to read and post; therefore, I haven't pursued the actual difficulty involved with my being recognized as only a "visitor". I've written this as a way of making aware, not only my difficulty with posting, but also, and especially for Doreen who is not even able to register...just may be that someone will be able to advise us about this.As to what you said, Jaye...yes...I do believe that Doreen and I would have something to contribute to the forum...having lived through and with PD for approximately 12 years. We would like nothing more than to be able to help others as well as to have them reciprocate with help for us.I think the question related to imbalance probably depends a great deal in how we define the word...and I'm not even certain that I adequately described Doreen's particular problem in my original post. It's difficult for me to describe..even for Doreen, herself, to describe...but, I will attempt to clarify her particular difficulty. Before taking any "meds", she has absolutely no sign of imbalance. She walks every morning without any sign of imbalance, and when she returns from her walk, she takes her "meds". It seems that any time after having taken her "meds", the imbalance problem can set in...it seems to start as she initially begins to walk...as a staggering type thing which doesn'tlast very long. Once she has "righted" herself, she is able to walk with no difficulty. Then, too...if seated...she has difficulty balancing herself until her feet are firmly planted on the floor...again...she walks without difficulty.After all this...I guess the bottom line question still remains: Is this "med-related"...PD related...or both? If PD related, that would probably be more problematic; if "med-related", it would be a question of adjusting the "meds"? I wonder what the consensus would be among you. I realize that this is a complex issue, but whatever input you may have, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, too, if you're able to help with the registration process.Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote