View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 12:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow Do You Sound Like ME!!!!!! In all seriousness your experiences sound so much like my own its not even funny. All I can say is hang in there. After having issues for five years I finally got a positive antibody test!!! I did have an enlarged thymus(had thymectomy recently) and had the tinselon test, with a positive result. SFEMG, muscle biopsy, RNS, all antibody tests were negative for 5 years.

I had many a doctor say I was depressed or that I had pain conversion disorder. You can bet they all feel pretty sheepish now. I was dxed with fibromyalgia and as soon as I said I was dxed with that it was all over. They immediatly thought I was nuts too. So I stopped mentioning that. But now that I have a positive test they treat me totally different, which is nice but makes me mad they did not treat me this way before. I think the advice others gave you is excellent. You have to find the right doctor. It took me two years with my current neuro, so even when you find the right one it takes time. Unless you get lucky and get that one positive test result. Thats what I really hope you get soon. This is the perfect place to come and vent, ask advice and questions. So Welcome, and come back and keep sharing. Hope you feel better soon and I would keep taking that mestinon.
momma3love is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote