View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 04:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, Annie, for your reply. It is hard to figure out what to do. My neurologist doesn't say very much except that we will just have to take it one day at a time and see what happens. My nurses at the Infusion Center, on the other hand, are pretty vocal. They told me I should start thinking about long term disability. I am fortunate in that I have excellent disability insurance.

I really enjoy my job, but it's about all I can do (the job). I have someone to clean my house, I'm not cooking anymore (except on Saturday sometimes), and I pretty much am in the recliner and then bed as soon as I get home from work. That's when I'm doing well. Now, I'm not working and still can't do anything else.

When I put it in writing, it looks pretty obvious. But, I guess I keep wondering how to get stronger, can I get stronger and stay stronger, how long will it take? I thought I would be back "up to normal speed" by now and am not.

This is a good warning, though, for others not to ignore MG and always try to "push through" and act like nothing is different. It WILL catch up with you eventually. Give yourself the credibility and respect to do what your body needs in order to function.

Sharman
SharS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote