Thread: Cellcept
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 07:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have also noticed some significant changes in my memory and trying to think of the right word to use in a sentence. It's the most embarrassing when I'm in the middle of a board meeting. I thought it was just me!!

I've been on CellCept for one year and haven't noticed any side effects. It has helped me, although not so much right now as I have overworked and not been balanced like I should.

I didn't want to go on CellCept and even went to Duke to consult with doctors there specializing in MG. He said the first thing I needed to do was go on CellCept, so I did.

On another note, when I went to Duke I had just had my IVIG treatment and was on Mestinon. The well known research doctor there did testing on me and said I didn't have MG - this was after he agreed with the other 2 neurologists in TN and GA who had diagnosed me (based on his clinical exam). But...because his test was negative, he said I didn't have it. When I gave my neurologist this doctor's notes, he actually laughed. My doctor said the test wouldn't show up anyway because of my meds and IVIG. He thought this doctor's findings were ludicrous. I'm saying this for those not diagnosed - don't let yourself be intimidated. I would have been if not for my neurologist and other doctors in TN.

Sharman
SharS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote