View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 09:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

OK. Time for another update.

I've pulled off a 40 hour + work week, but I don't think I want to do that again for a little while. I was so tired Friday night!

I have also done work in my hubby's office, done some cleaning, alot of visiting with my in-laws and neighbors, played with my dogs on a daily basis, and walked my 3 acres a bit! I'm loving life again, but do still have a few residual problems. I don't think the maintenance dose is high enough for me, so I got some Lysine to help boost it - my rash is much better, but I still get little sores here and there.

ERIN - Lysine helps with cold sores - my daughter was getting one and I gave her some of my Lysine and it was much less severe than normal - and she didn't even take it as long or as much as I suggested!

My energy is way better, my strength and balance are way better, and my peripheral vision (which I didn't even realize was bad) has improved a lot. I still occassional get the heat sensation, and of course my MG isn't back under control completely yet so the heat still wipes me out big time!

I was thinking about backing out of the MRI and appointment with the MDA doc, but I'm thinking I will go ahead with them - just to be sure! Maybe if they will go along with this viral aspect, they will recommend the proper anti-viral dose for me and I can get the rest of my symptoms completely gone! I'm getting greedy!!!!!

Mary, I'm so glad your back is feeling better, and I couldn't find any info on how an EMG might be affected by TM. I'll ask the neuros when I see them the end of this month though.

Connie, it's so good to hear you are getting such thorough care! I love that the docs there aren't looking at just one thing, but looking for any and everything that may be causing your symptoms!

All of you, I think of and speak of you often. I tell everyone I know about this site and how brave, positive and helpful you all are. I miss being able to hop on every day to keep up with everything! This is this most wonderful bunch of people I've had the pleasure to associate with in my life. I am truly a very lucky and blessed person, and you are all a big part of that.

I'll be hoping for great care, wonderful resolutions, and strength for all of you!

SMOOCHES!

Becky
ras1256 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ConnieS (07-09-2009)