View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

back at work after surgery is probably crazy but I was bored and needed something to motivate me to move. But I am probably crazy for going back so soon. But I just started a new job in october so I felt obligated to a degree. Good thing is work is closed as of Friday through the new year so I thought I could hang in for a little while.

But I am loving the hyperbaric treatments. Making a difference. But not cheap. Helping the swelling though.

Hey I was at PT when a new TOS patient called for Joyce. Maybe it was you. Before I found Joyce, I did PT somewhere else and it made me feel crappy too. They went too quickly to trying to strengthen before getting me moving and posturally better. So I stopped that but then I found Joyce. She is amazing. She really works on your ribs which as we all know are a major contributor in TOS to some degree. She gets you moving welll before doing more. I hope she can help you.

I have to tell you just as TOS is hard to dx there are some bad thryoid docs out there too. And thryoid conditions can aggravate neuro symptoms and muscle spasms. I have a large thryoid as well as dx with Hashimotos thyroiditis. Was on meds but now off. Will likely have to go back on someday since thryoid is a slow disease. There are some great thryoid sites and books out there and easier to track your condition when you get to know the numbers and how they correlate to how you feel. You can't always treat by the numbers. But be careful of docs that treat only by the numbers for thryoid. I found a great thyroid doc (after 6 of them) in Torrance, CA that works with me on the my treatment and listens to my ideas and willing to try new things.

Talk to you all later
Shelley
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote