View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Jane,

I have a lightweight wheelchair that I sometimes use when outdoors and am in too much pain to walk or my balance is unsteady and it has really helped. I HATED the idea of using a wheelchair at first, especially because I am only 14 but I honestly don't know what i'd do without my wheelchair now and figure that without it, I probably wouldn't get out at all sometimes!!

My wheelchair folds up and is really handy for my mum as she can easily fold it when she is on her own without too much trouble. It fits into the car really nicely also and leaves lots of room for suitcases and shopping etc. It also has the big wheels so I can push it on my own if I want to.

My Social Worker gave me an electric wheelchair but we couldn't use it at all as it weighed over 50lb and no one could physically lift it hardly. It was supposed to help me get in and out of the house on my own but I couldn't use it that much so we had to give it back to them.

Here's a picture of the wheelchair that I have:
http://www.fredwalton.co.uk/shop/ite...nda%20blue.jpg

Good Luck with your appointment tomorrow - I hope all goes well and that you find a wheelchair to suit your needs!!
jprinz99 (06-09-2009), SallyC (06-08-2009)