View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 09:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm completely in a state of Happy shock!

Last week was the first week I had NO scheduled medical appointments.
It was kind of an odd feeling. And my husband told me I shouldn't speak to loudly about my not having an appt. as one of my doctors might hear me, and call me in.

Well, that's exactly what happened. Thursday afternoon, my cardiologist called me to ask if I could come in the following morning to have my Stress Echo to check for my PH pressures.
(I was scheduled for the 19th to have it done.)

So, I went, and not only did I see him, but my Pulmo office is in the same building, and when he seen I was there, he said, since your in town, come on over, and we'll take you today, instead of monday..(he's so nice too)

Anyways, a stress echo to check pulmonary pressures goes as follows, first-Echo, 2nd-intense treadmill walk until heart rate got up to where they needed it to be. 3rd-Echo again. 15 minute wait-another echo.

So, I'm on the table for my 2nd echo, my doctor audibly goes-
WOW!! Wh..WOW!! Doesn't say anything, I'm ..being the Optimistic person that I am, am thinking, OH NOOO, my pressures are through the roof! (I'm scared, he leaves the room)
He comes back, does the 3rd echo, and then says, that ALL my pressures are in normal range, and my tricuspid valve isn't swollen, nor is it regurging. There is NO sign of PUlMONARY HYPERTENSION!!!!!!!!!
At this point, I'm in shock, and I mean, I could speak! My husband suddenly says, "I'm not sure what to do, We're not use to getting GOOD medical news!" My doctor, says, "yea, I was just going to say that. looks at me, and say, what are you gonna do about that, huh, NO PH!"
So, finally, words stumbled out, and I ask, "so the breast reduction worked?"
He looks straight in my eyes, and says, "Something Happened" And right then, I knew, I had a touch from the Lord. I have no idea when it happened, but at that moment all I wanted was to get alone with the Lord, and bow before him in tears of thankfulness. I'm so thankful!
I know, I have other serious medical issues, and why he chose to heal this one, and not the others,I don't know, but I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my heart and soul.
The constant thoughts, of when will it take a turn for the worse, and just the thoughts, of not being with my girls on their wedding day, or when they have children. I desire to be a grandma so bad someday...just so many desires.

It has been very hard to wrap my brain around it, but I'm starting too. For well over a year and half the horrible intense chest pressure, and how sick I felt with PH, has been lifted, and that's a long time to be under the umbrella of a terminal disease.
God Does anwer prayers! He really does.
I'm just so happy.
Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote