View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you Daniella and Ada for your input!!

My knee is hurting quite a lot again today. I have been sat with it bent on the bed and have noticed that after about 2 minutes or so, it starts hurting a lot and locks up. When I manage to straighten my leg, I get a deep aching pain that can take a few minutes to go and brings tears to my eyes. I have been told that I need to keep bending my knee for PT but it is getting pretty hard as it is way too painful sometimes! I'm going to ask my mum to rub some of the anti-inflamitary cream into my knee in a bit again to see if that eases the pain any and also take a Tramadol to see if that works. Tramadol doesn't help with my RSD pain but my mum said it might be worth taking one to see if it helps any.

Daniella - I totally know what you mean about it being hard to figure out what is RSD and what isn't! Most of the time, everything turns out to be from the RSD but the first time you don't go and get it checked, it will probably turn out to be something else that can be easily fixed - it's so annoying!!! I'm looking forward to when we split up from school to be able to relax a bit! I'm not sure what we have planned yet but me and my mum are going to see my grandad in Spain in August for a few days so that should be nice as I haven't seen them for a few months! Thanks again for your input!

Ada - So sorry to hear about all the injuries you have had to deal with!! I can't imagine how hard it must have been to deal with all of them for such a long time without getting a diagnosis! It's awful that so many doctors just let us suffer in lots of pain without getting any help! I'm Hypermobile so some of the joint clicking in my knee could be from that however I have never noticed it before. Me and my mum have also been wondering for a long time whether I could have something else going on as well as the RSD and have mentioned it to my PT's and all they say is that it is possible but they really can't tell until we get the RSD and Dystonia under control more which is really stressful!! They have mentioned that I could have some spinal issues as I sit very curved but wont really look into it until the RSD gets a little better. I'm not sure when my next appt is with my PTs but will definitiely speak to them and see if they can have a look at my knee and see if anything else is going on. Thanks for all the info!
Dew58 (06-10-2009), loretta (06-13-2009)