View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 02:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I underwent balloon compression surgery in March 2008. I believe this is what you are referring to.... I had trigeminal neuralgia for many years and was on carbamazapene. The meds were making me dopey and drowsy and it made it difficult to be at work.

I opted for balloon compression and haven't look back yet. It is not too invasive and recuperation is only a matter of days. There is a 40% chance that the pain will return, but - so far, so good. If the pain does return, I will go in and get the operation done again. It was day surgery and I had to take it easy for 5 days at home.

I'm so glad I went through with it. Hope this helps!

Judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwanal1 View Post
I have suffered from TN on the left side for about 4 years after adental procedure. About 3 years ago I had the Gamma Knife surgery at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Medical Center. The Gamma Knife was no help either positive or negative. Since then I have been on neurotin, baklophen and now on Lyrica. I used to have a flareup about 1 week every 3-4 months with the TN under control the rest of the time. I am now into the 4th week without break of a flareup and am considering having a Balloon Percutaneous Rhizotomy and would like to hear from others that have had this procedure. What were the after effects and did it work? Would you do it again? Please respond.
JudyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (06-10-2009)