View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 06:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default on the way to rehab AGAIN

I have my first of 7-8 visits scheduled by my neuro psychologist today.The rehab they say will help build my skills in the following areas.Memory,ways to remember ect SO THEY SAY>

I went through this 4 years ago and after 3 months quit the program.After talking to my physciatrist he said if you feel the rehab is not working and it makes you feel strangled just stop.He was right it is hard to sit and be talked at like you are stupid when you several years before were in most cases smarter than the person trying to help you! The problem now and before is "the anxiety related to the treatment".It brings back the memories of the accident the fact that I am now a byproduct of what happened to me because someone did not care enough to do things right.The feelings of this is what I have to live with now.Its the in your face reality being thrown at you after the initially problem.

Its hard to be under a microscope and know weather the people looking at you are good at there job or in fact just getting a paycheck on Friday.I still have a hard time with the fact I was hurt and left to get by with what I am now.I had a great psychiatrist but he has died and I have never found another to replace him.H e clearly stated my head injury was the cause of my problems not what they use as facts now.They now say weight,bipolar,smoking and other things are what are contributing factors to my problems.The only Dr.that saw me before the accident and after was the one who died 2 years ago.He treated the bipolar,he knew me for over 15 years saw me work and hold jobs with great income.He was the only one that stuck up for me and said "THE REASON WHY HE IS WHAT HE IS BECAUSE HE GOT HIT IN THE HEAD" seems LIKE THE OTHERS INCLUDING THE NEW DR.WANT TO ADD LOTS OF OTHER STUFF INTO THE MIX.

I was working 80-90 hrs a week before the accident,had a weight problem all my life had bipolar diagnosis years back and still got the job done better than after the accident.I guess I don't understand why they seem to throw all this other info in the pot and just don't read all the findings and say" it is because of this reason".Mark you have stated here that they have no golden bullet for a fix for us so why not say just that? Why is it so bad to say we don't have all the answers to this problem? I would think it would make many peoples lives much easier to deal with.

I will go and see the rehab people and enter a door I wish was closed again forever.I will have all the overwhelming thoughts re appear and all the anxiety that goes along with my life now after the accident.I guess hope for the best and see what progress can be made in 6-8 visits at rehab.
raymond1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-09-2009)