View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 07:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Chat

Wow Jenny, you are so wise for doing research on this subject BEFORE you commit!

I had symptoms off and on my whole life before I ever heard of TOS! I knew I had cervical ribs, but was told it 'may' never bother me. Just be sure to wear a seatbelt as a chest impact could cause lung puncture.

With my 1st pregnancy, I suffered from baby insisting that stepping on my lungs was fun! Especially with a full tummy, I had scary breathing episodes. After delivery... about a month after, I became very ill. Swelling just above rt collar bone, vomiting every 20 min, extreme tiredness. At the time my Drs had no clue. They sent me to an oncologist assuming I had cancer!! (big dummies). Now I am certain that the delivery and carrying of baby (and diaper bags, car seats, etc) caused some serious irritation to ...? long thoracic nerve? not sure, but some autonomic nerve. After 6 weeks of bedrest and 8 weeks of no work it all resolved.

6 months later with my 2nd pregnancy, the vomiting, breathing issues and soreness came the day before delivery. It resolved itself about a week after she was born.

My line of work was very physical, so I continued to get migraines, muscle spasms off and on for the next 10 years before it became intolerable. That's when I discovered TOS.

I'd say if you have a helper, a DAILY helper, you should be OK.

My kids are almost 20 and 18 now. The youngest one... gets the migraines.... and I'm so afraid she might have the cervical ribs. You may want to consider genetic testing before you get preggers. Do we want to risk passing this along to our kids? Or is the likelyhood of passing it on so remote that it's moot? This I'd love to know!

best of luck to you!
Anne

"It is what it is."
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-11-2009)