View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 08:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for all the input. I guess I should have been a tad more informative about my current chair (what, you can't all magically see in my living room from out there in cyber space???)

I currently use a Invacare 900SL, elevataing/removable leg rests, gel cushion and flip up desk arms. Originally it worked for my needs but now I have grown to hate it as it is too heavy for me now, plus it is constantly going out of alignment like a bad shopping cart wheel. The cushion is a good one, but we have to move up to a better one as pressure sores and rash are an issue (it gets hot and sweaty fairly quickly).

I can no longer push myself very far as my arms are getting weaker and shoulders are taking a beating due to wrong size chair. I have a 16" Hemi and I prob am closer to 18" reg height (I am 5'8") MHO: would offer that the elevating leg rests add a LOT of weight and are fairly useless to me.

So I have to get a chair that fits me better and is even lighter (ultra light if we can get ins to go for it -tho they said they would, you never know once they see the bill, eh). Original ins lady actually said a standard hospital style chair would work - as I had a husband who could push me around!!!

I do know I have to "move up" so to speak to a more customized options chair, it is just such a ding to my ego of "I'm not that bad". Heck, at least I ought to choose a cute color?!?! My eval is at 1 today. Wish I could afford a Ti titanium model....

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-09-2009)