View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 10:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for your thoughts. She goes for MRIs of the brain stem and spinal cord tomorrow, but won't get to see the doctor for almost three more weeks! Too much time to think, though, because she said she was doing some researching and that her symptoms are making her think ALS! I did a quick search myself after talking to her and I don't think it's ALS, primarily because she's lost all feeling in both her hands, which would be a sensory problem. ALS info states it's only a problem with motor neurons.

BUT, I'm thinking it sounds a lot like PPMS, which isn't any better, but I'm not going to tell her that right before xmas (or at all, except to point out it probably isn't ALS) She said that she hasn't gotten any better and is, in fact, worse. Even her friend could tell. My sister had no feeling in one hand, and now she says she's lost feeling in her other hand. Her legs are weaker, and she stumbles even more now. She's so tired.

She's not having "spells" of neurological symptoms. They've come, and they've stayed. That's not good, huh?
Footprints is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote