Thread: PLEASE help
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 10:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

PLEASE abbie, tell me how you dealt with friends saying those things to you? That is EXACTLY what I'm going through right now. Sorry for the caps lock, I just can't believe someone else has had people say that to them. "Love you but.....I can't HANDLE you....I can't DEAL with your problems..."

How did you view these people? I try to be sympathetic and think to myself "Ok Manda, if YOU can't even understand your problems how do you expect THEM to understand them???" But then there's another part of me that is really ****** off at them for abandoning me during this time. And I start to think "what a horrible person who won't stand by me." I think that's unreasonable of me, but I can't help that I feel that way. I know I would do ANYTHING for any of my friends. So when I have people say things like "Love you but...." it just stings that much more. That's why I feel like I'll never have a successful relationship. At first, everyone wants to be your savior. And I warn people "Listen, this is what my life sometimes is like, if you can't handle it, then I'm sorry but...." and they always reply with "Of course I can handle it! We'll beat this thing." Then months or years later, they're just as exhausted as me. Are there people that know how to handle it? Or wait, not HANDLE it, but will help carry it with me and LIVE a life with me (not just try and DEAL with my life)? Because we all know what happens to saviors....
MandaC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (06-10-2009), barbo (06-10-2009), Burntmarshmallow (06-10-2009), GmaSue (06-10-2009), Lara (06-10-2009), mistiis (06-10-2009), Nik-key (06-11-2009)