View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 06:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Eval went well. The lady Amy was very nice and unflappable - especially when it comes to all those ADL personal questions. Plus she totally gets the is it MS or CNS Lupus thing as she has a relatve with lupus and another with MS (finally, someone who really gets it!), plus she is certified by RESNA. This is what she is writing up

Quickie 2 in my sizes. Options are swing in/out legs w/flip up footplates, the removal post style arms, nobby pneumatic airless tires with mag wheels, quick release hub, tension adj back, NaturalFit hand rims for my thumb and hand. She insists on anti-tips, but I will promptly remove them (she laughed and said a lot of folks do) I chose Razzleberry paint
http://www.quickie-wheelchairs.com/p...ie-2-2411.html

I am getting a Jay J2 gel cushion. I can go for a Roho later if it doesn't work, but she warned it hard to get ins to let you "downgrade" to a gel from an air cushion. This is important as the air may be too unstable for me but the gels get hot. 50/50 so I went with a better gel than what I have and can always move up if I have to later.

I am thinking I might want the Quickie 2Lite but am afraid if I ask it might be greedy. I also really want the light up casters...

What do you think??? This feels like picking out a new car

Opinions please (and be honest, as I know you will). Thanks for all the input so far as it helped.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (06-10-2009), SallyC (06-10-2009)