Old 06-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Thanks. I thought pretty healthy as you are so informed. I am trying. Can you tell me why if one does not have gluten condition or diabetes that still on a diet to lower inflamation they still say to limit bread products. I am not talking refined but even 100 percent whole grain but brown rice would be ok? Like why do you take pasta or potatoes out or is it more weight issues sorry I don't know your background on that. Or am I confused. Also vitamin e supplement what is that supposed to do and how much? I have taken a few time 200IU but then for some reason stopped. Do you think it may help me if I am consistent or any reason not to?Thanks always
After reading the gluten boards for a LONG time, I have seen posts claiming that even if you test negative, you may have a gluten problem anyway.

I only use Tinkyada brown rice pastas, because their glycemic index is better. I try to limit carbs however, to keep my insulin levels down. I have very high fasting insulin levels.
I have discovered over time that potatoes make my PN burn the day I eat them. I had to get rid of them of several weeks and reintroduce to discover that. Some people are intolerant to the nightshade family. Some people with arthritis have claimed improvement when avoiding these veggies. I do eat a small amount of tomatoes but some sauces also cause foot burning for me. (I think that is a histamine release). So I buy Bertoli brand sauce and it is mild enough for me.

You would want to choose a natural vitamin E that has all the forms listed on the label... alpha, gamma delta etc.
If you take fish oil, there may be vit E added to it as an antioxidant. Most of the oils have Vit E added.

I also avoid MSG... this is a huge trigger for burning for me.
Knock on wood: my feet have been pretty good lately! LOL
(I was born with a birth defect of the GI tract...this is what I blame my food intolerances on these days-- I have a severe malrotation which means my GI tract is twisted up inside. I get alot of problems with it because of that too).

I do use Vit D too in the winter...but I have stopped it now since I am outside so much.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote