Old 06-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaC View Post
PLEASE abbie, tell me how you dealt with friends saying those things to you?
Hi Manda...

At first I ignored my friends saying these things and went on as if nothing had happened... I mellowed out for a while then was back leaning on my friends even harder. I was to blinded by life to see how I was affecting theirs.

I didn't understand that my friends weren't able to help me... I always thought that I could talk to my friends and they would be able to "fix" me.

I realize now that I was sooo wrong. Not in a bad way, but I was wrong for thinking my friends could help when they weren't trained as a Counsellor or a Psychiatrist.

I didn't think I needed Professional help but I did!! I was sprialling down quickly and didn't even know it.

About a year ago things went from bad to worse at such a fast pace that if something didn't happen, If I didn't get help... something was bad going to happen.

I didn't seek help on my own.... One of my friends asked me to contact one of my other friends... I did and was told... you have an appoinment with at a local mental health place... It's your choice, go or we are out of your life.

I wasn't going to go on my own... my friends knew this... I can't recall exactly what happened but I ended up at the appointment with one of my friends taking me there and sitting through the whole 3 hour appointment with me.

I didn't speak to my friends for several weeks to months....

I now understand why my friends couldn't help me.

I LOVE my friends for doing what they did.... things had to be done the way they were done, had to be said the way things were said.... I don't believe I would have gotten the help I didn't want or felt I needed with out my friends.

Sometimes tough love is the best love there is......

Abbie

Rest in Peace
3/8/90 ~~ 4/2/12

Last edited by Abbie; 06-10-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: typos... doh.
Abbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (06-24-2009), Burntmarshmallow (06-10-2009), GmaSue (06-10-2009), Lara (06-10-2009), mistiis (06-10-2009), Nik-key (06-11-2009), pono (06-13-2009)