View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I'm fine with saying what I voted just now. I voted to keep the subforum.
I find it unsettling to arrive at the forums at times to see some really serious posts or threads mixed in with some really off-topic ones.

The forum seems to go through times when there is a lot of really fast off-topic chatter in the threads which is fine, but I think it could perhaps be somewhat overwhelming for people who are new or in dire need of support at that particular time.

Anyway, it's not up to me, but I voted. I wholeheartely agree with whomoi who wrote this some time back...

Quoting whomoi:

Quote:
I had thought that perhaps a subforum would be a good way for some of these members(on-lookers) to get their feet wet.

Sometimes, for some people, it is easier to get into a forum by "easing" in vs. just getting into the heavy stuff...

that's what's good about life, that we're different....

but it was never my intention to take the FUN out of the regular SOS forum.

like Lara said, there's bound to be some serious in the fun and some fun in the serious.

this is where the personal side of this request came in. For those topics that can get really OT.

Maybe we want to talk about gardening or mozzies...can't see that as a header in the regular SOS forum:

"OT, my peonies are being eaten by my cat"

Before somebody says: But there's social chat.

How many of us feel comfortable OUTSIDE of SOS forum?

I rarely see a lot of the regular SOS members venture outside of the SOS forum.

So, I wondered if by human nature that we associate "HOME" with "COMFORT"

thus, I requested for this subforum based on these reasons as well as others.
EDITED LATER to ADD this: I had some concerns about my post here in case it was not read or interpreted the way I had meant it, but didn't want to bump it up to write a new post so am just adding on here...

I just wanted to say that I'm absolutely positive that any request by a member or members for the subforum were made with the most sincere intent and for the good of the whole forum and were not made to cause any problems whatsoever. I wasn't going to post moi's quote about his own feelings but thought it was important. I'm sure he doesn't mind. It is relevant to me because of what was happening on the forums at the time the request (or requests?) were made. I totally understand the need for balance as Addy has mentioned. I can also see both sides, but in historical context, I also understand why it was requested.

Last edited by Lara; 06-10-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (06-11-2009), Addy (06-11-2009), barbo (06-10-2009), Burntmarshmallow (06-10-2009), Chemar (06-10-2009), Doody (06-10-2009), GmaSue (06-10-2009), Koala77 (06-10-2009), mistiis (06-10-2009), Nik-key (06-11-2009), SandyC (06-10-2009)