View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 04:18 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

thanks vicki, and you've had the nicest things to say lately. i emailed my friends after listening to the news and said,"forget everything i said, the world is so scary that i think we should become.....optimists." of all things.

it's the only way there is if you want to survive. giving it a try now please refer to me as paula -ana, which is close enought to pollyanna.

sorry if i confused you vicky, buy there is some real testing going on.
we can't talk about the bad stuff anyway. one week all postive statements....no too long? we could have a contest forum wide..who can collect the most positive statements in 24 hours and no negative commrnents allowed during that 24 hr period? manipulation? how would i know...lol escaping reality might be the preferred exit. the sky needs to take a deep cleansing breath. Cable tv tone it down, mainstream channels tell the truth at least once a day,you know, what you learned in Sunday School.

i could probably break a few habits by talking positively for 24 hrs. i'm extending the challenge into your homes....

paula-ana

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlhperry View Post
Have you read the oath that doctors must state before they receive their doctorate M.D. degree. It reads very much like a Mason or Knights of the Columbus oath. It is not just the Hippocratic Oath, but the promise to work "with their brothers" and to never betray them.

Although I chose not to advocate, I admire your efforts. I feel as though the patient advocates have bent over backward providing revenue for the Parkinson's foundations, only to receive a plaque and little credit for their efforts. Many drag their entire family into the process, and get credit on paper but little credit for their input. Many have lost their partners, who were trying to make a living and still have the American Dreams, and were tired of carrying the anchor their PD spouse had become around their neck .

I have a suggestion for a new Parkinson's emblem. The PD tulip surrounded by the words, "Don't tiptoe through the tulips!"

Miss. Vicky

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote