View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 03:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Is the set of 3 based on the the idea that the latter 2 will only be done if the 1st is effective or if you find that there are benefits or there is a lessening of pain/symptoms?

I'd question any doc who pre-schedules a 3-round series of ESIs before learning (after the procedure) if the first will prove itself helpful (to the patient).

Before having any procedure a first time, it might be a good idea to get a second (and some times) even a third opinion.

I've had ESIs, along with a host of additional PM procedures. I'm no doc, that's for sure, and am only stating this based on my experience as a patient, yet I'd do as you're doing and await replies from others, too.

To me, something sounds "off" if the doc goes ahead with a pre-set schedule on ESIs, not knowing if the first will even help. The only way to find out is after the first, even if it doesn't fit with the doc's plans. If the first isn't effective or doesn't have felt benefits, it increases the chances that the next two in the series also will not help.

I'd definitely keep an open mind toward the ESI(s), only I'd question ones that are being pre-arranged in advance - set one week apart.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (03-16-2011)