Thread: Botox
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 07:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshue View Post
I've a maddening situation, in which I'm thinking getting some poison shot in to me may do some good.

While I've full body SFN, a while back, as I've mentioned here before, I had a diagnostic lumbar puncture performed. Big mistake. My sympathetic nervous system is just way too wound up, and since the LP I've been afflicted with what feels like a muscle spasm in my skull, just on the right side, reaching to the top of my head, sometimes going down into my face, again only on the right side. My throat also constricts, sometimes scarily so, again just on the right side (the other of end of my spine has my right glute regularly spasiming, but that I can live with). Any physical activity greatly exacerbates the problem, and has left me incapacitated occasionally over the last nine months or so.

This pain is at times worse than the burning I get around my body, but it's interesting, there is always one of two going on (I'm just lucky I guess). The pain gatekeeper only lets one signal into my brain at a time.

So we were thinking that a few strateically placed shots of botox might be of benefit. My doctor is serious research guy, not a cosmetic surgeon type, at a major hospital. I initiated this idea with my neurologist, and the botox guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

What I'm asking is does anyone have any experience with botox. If so, did getting the shots make things better? Did they make things worse (a scenerio which weighs heavily upon me)?

-- Dennis
what did they find when they did a MRI of your brain?
pabb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote