View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Thanks Alison, thanks for taking the time to respond - I'm sorry to hear your suffer with this especially as you're so young. It was really nice for you to respond so openly and to talk about your condition - it makes it a little easier for first timers like myself. You've got an amaxing attitude / outlook and I hope you do find something that will help you.

Its funny what you said about the Guanethidine blocks - I have my reservations about the blocks. I'm a nurse and work in recovery and look after patients who have had all different types of blocks and I've heard mixed responses. My worry is logically it doesn't seem like a good idea to inject into an area that is already aggravated. So I will think long and heard before I go ahead with it - thanks for the advice.

I'm on Gabapentin amongst other drugs but the side effects are awful - although for me they do seem to be working for me - I was able to get off crutches within a couple of weeks. So basically I've been looking at non invasive methods of treatment so I try to come off the drugs. ALong with CBT and hypnosis I've also been looking at HBOT treatment and may try that, theres a chamber in London and funding goes through Guys and Tommy's I've been told - but I need to check that and look into it further.

Anyway - Thanks again - and if I can be of any help please contact me although for what I'm not sure - maybe if you need an extra zoombie for a thriller video maybe

(Apologies for any spelling errors and I'm still figurnig out how to use those smiley things)
sarah m is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-12-2009), ali12 (06-11-2009), Dew58 (06-11-2009), loretta (06-13-2009)