Thread: Seeking advice
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 01:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the welcome Idealist. Well, the Mayo runs like a well oiled machine. I was very impressed. The Dept of Neurology was my floor and after you check in a schedule is given to you. It states the day, time and type of test to be performed. But the one thing that really impressed me was that the tests were almost painless. And I say almost as I did feel pressure when I received the lumbar puncture but that was it. I suppose if one performs the same test over and over again they better be good at it.

Plan on being tired at the end of the day as there may be some waiting around for the next scheduled test and if they say 7 am they mean 7 am. not 7:05. I live in L.A. so I was concerned with travel and lodging. The Mayo will send you information regarding hotels, motels and airports which relieved a lot of anxiety. The Clinic is quite large and it is connected to tunnels which open into hotels, restaurants and a mall. I was there in Dec. so this set-up was great for me as I was in a wheelchair. It was incredibly cold outside.

The one thing I regret not doing was preparing questions before hand. It is all overwhelming and you need to be prepared. I had tests I've never heard of. If you have a laptop bring it so you can be informed about the next procedure. I know you will be impressed. Good luck!!
Curls47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote