View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 10:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I saw a spine PT for a few months after my fall. I wanted to make sure that my pain was muscle related and not structural. She helped to alleviate some of the muscle tension I was experiencing. She gave me ideas on how to deal with the muscle tension on my own. She did do some myofacial release to help me deal with the headaches I was experiencing. It was a good idea to go and she wasn't one of those who keeps you coming back. She would see me every couple of weeks for a few months and then I was released.

I hear you on the exercise stuff. Because I also have a seizure disorder, I am not able to drive until the end of July. Therefore, walking and biking are my only means of transportation. Biking does not feel so good on my head when I hit bumps in the road. My general doc told me I should be riding a stationary bike instead. Can't get very far on one of those!! I found out the other day when I went on a field trip with my daughter that riding a school bus pretty much puts me over the edge regarding headaches. I suffer, but it is better than having to tell her no. I can tolerate weight lifting much more than the cardio. I usually don't feel bad while I am exercising, its usually afterwards. But, I continue to do it because I know it is good for me!?! Honestly, I haven't found anything except for laying in bed, that makes me feel better and I can't spend the rest of my life in bed. So, I will continue working out and paying for it afterwards until this clears up.
sheds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote