View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 04:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Melissa!

Ahhhhhh......surgery...i remember seeing my surgeon on a Friday and being given the option of having my surgery for Monday or Tuesday.....I chose Tuesday...

On the positive side, you are getting IV IG b/4 the surgery! That will work wonders in making sure you are STRONG!

Getting all of your ducks in a row is just smart. Nothing is going to happen - you are going to be GREAT, but it may help alleviate your anxiety..I know it did for me! I must have packed and repacked 50 times! LOL! Can you say OCD?

Make sure to have a chest pillow ready and waiting for you - you are going to need it! You may also want to sleep sitting up for a while - hurts a lot less that way.

The absolute BEST part is that you may go into REMISSION after your surgery! REMISSION! Have you read Brennan's posts? They are truly inspiring! He is WORKING and working out! Picture it!

Big, big hugs sweetie!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm80 View Post
Hi People,

sorry I kind of disappeared from the raider for past month or so, been extremely busy with University exams and assessments and although I have been reading most post I haven't had a chance to reply to any or questions that I have received. We ll I hope everyone has been feeling good, I have been pretty good thanks to iVig but what a surprise to me, my neuro recommended having a thymectomy, referred me to thoracic surgeon and now i have the operation booked in 2 weeks and this all happened within a week so I'm kind of freaking out, my worst fear is saying goodbye to my kids and never waking up again, i know im thinking of the extreme, fingers crossed it will all go well, so I have a busy 2 weeks ahead of me "Pink Concert" next tuesday them wed, thurs, fri iVig following monday pre op appointment then surgery on thursday yaaay, so wish me luck, I have to rush need to get kids ready for bed, will post again later

Have a good night )

Melissa
"Thanks for this!" says:
mm80 (06-14-2009)