View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 04:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

(Fiona--I was composing this while you were posting)
I too know lots of well meaning docs, researchers, scientists, mothers, fathers, etc. they STILL are not bucking the system--as long as they continue ignoring the corruption and greed in front of their faces, the status quo remains. My library shelves are filled with books titled: "Monkeys In the MIddle", Howard Brody's "Hooked: ethics, the medical profession and the pharmaceutical industry", Marcia ANgelle's "The Truth About the Drug Companies: How They Deceive Us and What to Do About It ", Merrill Goozner's "The $800 Million Pill: The Truth behind the Cost of New Drugs " J. Douglas Bremner MD, "Before you take that pill. Why the drug industry may be bad for your health" Russell Blaylock MD, "excitotoxins The taste that kills"
Fran Hawthorne's "Inside the FDA: The Business and Politics Behind the Drugs We Take and the Food We Eat "Jerome Kassirer MD's "On the Take: How Medicine's Complicity with Big Business Can Endanger Your Health".
I have had to stop reading these at night--the facts presented keep me sleepless into the early morning.
You are able to obtain copies of these books and many more chronicling the collusion btn big pharma and medicine/research at your local library--NO One checks them out.....
Fiona, I will meet you on the steps of wherever (given enough lead time to obtrain a reasonably priced airline ticket). well meaning people who do nothing to change/stand up to the corruption within their profession are not going to help us.....madelyn

In addition--what happened to Andrew Grove???? I was in hope he would champion PD's causes

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
girija (06-11-2009), GregW1 (06-14-2009), RLSmi (06-11-2009), Stitcher (06-14-2009)