View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

((ckepi))

I live in a small town, suicide is not the norm, it has great shock value. Even a year later, some people still avoid my eyes. But, I don't avoid theirs. Suicide should be shocking. But, I will not let other peoples discomfort make me avoid talking about my Dad.

I am survivor of his suicide. I did nothing to be ashamed of. I have many emotions over his suicide, shame is not one of them. My Dad was a brave heroic man. A wonderful father, husband and friend. He will always be my hero. I am still, so very proud to be his daughter.

No, I will not hide my love for him, nor my pain over his loss. I even joined the local coalition, I talk openly about his suicide and the impact of the after math. Only by talking and sharing can we bring suicide out of the darkness.

This is such a wonderful heartfelt post you have shared with us, thank you! I can see my future in your words....... the hurt, the loss I know I will always feel..................

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (05-16-2011), Alffe (06-16-2009), barbo (06-16-2009), ckepi (06-14-2009), Mark56 (03-13-2014), mistiis (06-11-2009), pono (06-13-2009)