Thread: Ticked off!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 12:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi Leaningin!

You poor thing! Girl, I wish you lived in San Antonio..........that way I could actually help instead of just typing! I tell you, I wanna smack the taste out of your sister's mouth! What nerve!

I know I keep repeating this, but I TRULY wish some of our less thoughtful family members could feel like we do for a day - 1 day! It would shut them up really fast, don't you think?

I think a lot of us are Type A people - we want to do it ourselves and don't want to complain, but it only hurts us in the end........

Are you doing better now? What did they do to you in the ICU? What meds are you on?

Big hugs!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaningin View Post
I totally understand. About a month ago I had an acute crisis - couldn't chew or hold my head up. I asked my sister to drive me to the ER. She said she was already settled in for the nite and besides I was probably just exaggerating. I wound up in the ICU for a week and almost had to be put on a vent.

I find this the most difficult part about this illness - people don't understand how absolutely weak we are or how little control we have over how we feel from one day to the next. My personality is to push on when I shouldn't anyway and other people's disbelief in my illness makes it even harder for me to give myself a break. It makes it a very lonely experience.