View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

At least he only wants $300 (at least I think that's what you said he wants)

We got screwed out of $10,000 last year by a roofer. We had a bad windstorm that came with lots of large hail.

We had a couple of roofers look at our roof, and my dad chose the roofing company that said they would come out and fix the roof, and fix a whole bunch of other things that were damaged in the storm.

They came out, fixed the roof (screwed up part of it, that we now have to get fixed again) and never did any of the other stuff they verbally agreed to do.

While they were here fixing our roof, they were stealing our larger landscaping rocks that we've had in our landscaping at the last two houses that we lived in and brought with us to this one. I actually saw one guy walking to their car with two of the rocks in his hand. (never confronted them because none of these guys spoke english...I think they were Somali or something, and I wanted the roof to be fixed. Should have reported them) The guy came within a few minutes of them finishing our roof for the check.

Everyone else's roofs cost them about $5k to $7k to fix...this guy screwed my dad out of $10,000. Overcharged us.

We had another hailstorm earlier this year, so we had a different roofer check it a few weeks ago. No damage this time, but he said the roofers last year screwed up and didnt use metal on the corners and stuff on the roof and that we should repair that in the next few years.

I hope you got another roofer to go up and check the work that the sneaky roofer did to your house.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (06-13-2009), Twinkletoes (06-17-2009)