View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar View Post
...something I learned the hard way was that sometimes people are withdrawing not because they dont care...but sometimes because they care too much..... and they just cant handle the turmoil that they feel when they seem helpless to solve someone else's pain. so they hide from it not to feel it. I know it hurts when they do that....but it isnt you they are rejecting...it is the feelings they cant cope with. ...
...which I have done on many occasion. Even with my best friend...when my sister was dying from breast cancer...and on and on.

I have pulled away from people many times because I just couldn't deal anymore with what they were going through and needing from me. I can get taxed to the very core and then I pull fast...go on cruise control...put up that shield of self-preservation.

Even people who love you with all of their hearts sometimes need to step back and take a respite from the pain.

I'm not sure how old you are but if you are a young lady, give yourself time to find a 'boyfriend'. If a man loves and wants you in his life, well then he will do just that...love you and be in your life.

It sounds to me like it's really important for you right now to find a therapist that you DO like and keep going and going and goin and talking. I personally prefer a woman counsellor but then, I lucked out the first time I went. I asked for a woman counsellor my age and got a true gem. She helped me SO much! I still go to her for tuneups.

Please continue to work with the meds and do talk therapy. Meditate, pray for help. I occasionally have been known to do exactly what Ms. Alffe has said from time to time....I literally fall to my knees and beg for help...to whoever is out there listening, guardian angels and all! Usually that is when I am on the edge of losing it as you have been.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-12-2009), Burntmarshmallow (06-12-2009), Koala77 (06-12-2009), Lara (06-12-2009), mistiis (06-12-2009), pono (06-13-2009)