View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

A few thoughts I have but are you still working as a nurse? Anyhow I think it is one thing to know rationally what to do to cope but having support can be very helpful. Also for me as anxiety is truly my middle name I can tell you it has an impact on my pain level in the way I deal with it at times. Regardless I am in pain anxious or not but when I get anxious to a higher degree really I am just so down and not rational in general.So getting on the right meds I think in combo with other self help and therapy can really help. I have already looked into HBOT and just want to make sure with my reg pain doc that it won't increase my pain like other treatments I am going to try it. The acupuncture I was told since no one is aloud to even touch my rsd area which is the legs that they can put it in my ears for example cause it sends the signals. Also the acupuncture is not just about that but about helping relieve tention/anxiety so you sleep and eat better and that in turn helps pain. On a side not of the view of the psych. I have seen many therapy type people before rsd and I will say I have gotten a range of feedback from them. I am not saying to not listen but I am just saying some things may make sense and some may not. Good luck and keep us updated. Also something that has helped me in therapy/life is to take 1 day at a time. They say that in recovery type things and I truly feel that with even this condition
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (06-13-2009), sarah m (06-16-2009)