View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogodlvr View Post
I work in the medical field, How much do I HAVE to tell my employer? I know I need to get my meds in check before I go back, But do I have to tell them I am Bipolar 2. I am afraid they will target me and try to get rid of me.
Pro and Con answer.
It is almost assured that if you let an employer know that you have a disability that IT WILL impact your employment with them. It did with me. HR came in and asked if I could work the hours and if I was on SSDI.

From then on it was pure He!!. Until they stopped scheduling me.

On the other hand you have no law to disclose any disability. BUT, most employers get a tax break, and if you need days off to get meds adjusted etc, you are protected under the FMLA.

If they know you are disabled and do fire you, they just make it appear that your working is not up to par, and make it a performance issue.....

If it were me, for now, I would just state that you are having harmonal balance issues and am currently getting them under control. Keep a diary of what you are doing, and when you do go back the transition is going to be rough. I would see the T doc to help adjust back.

good luck
di

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-13-2009), Brokenfriend (06-13-2009), Mari (06-13-2009), waves (06-13-2009)