View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 04:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had 4 of the keepsake urns filled.

I have the dirt we dug up from where we buried him.... and I plan to scatter the ashes from one of them in the memorial garden I plan to make. My plans were delayed due to placing Lynn, but I think I am ready to start it. ((Koala)) How special it is to me that you remembered

I gave one to my step mom... Now there is a story! Dad retired after his brother died, he turned his energy to yard work. They have over 40 acres so the man was always busy! They have a swamp that my Dad just hated! He spent the better part of the last 10 years trying to fill in that swamp!
He cussed and cussed, and always said... when I die, just throw me in the damn swamp! So, we did. Some of his ashes are in that swamp, and I just know Heaven was filled with Dad's hearty laughter when we did.

The third one, I will hike up to our local mountain, Red Hill and scatter them there. Dad traveled all over the world in his 25 years of military service. He told me later in life how every time he came home on leave, he would stare at the mountain, how he felt he was home only when he saw it. After all those years of travel he never wanted to go anywhere. He always always said, can you see Red Hill from there? No? Then I ain't going! LOL. So yes, I will scatter some on Red Hill. Perhaps on Father's Day, or his birthday.....

The last one, is to be mixed with my ashes when God calls me Home.

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-15-2009), Alffe (06-13-2009), barbo (06-16-2009), BJ (06-15-2009), Brokenfriend (06-13-2009), Burntmarshmallow (06-13-2009), Doody (06-15-2009), GmaSue (06-23-2009), jaded2nite (06-13-2009), Koala77 (06-13-2009), mistiis (06-13-2009)