View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 11:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Rach,
First, I have learned that if you get the information to the docs in the shortest form possible, the better. They don't want to take the time to review more that just the facts. I would list your history of symptoms, medication and response to the medication (including how long before it helps), and any tests you've had done so far. You are going for an objective review here, as I understand it, so state just the facts.

Secondly, I know exactly what you are feeling about the self doubt. There have been times I have said out loud "walk right" just to see if it would make any difference. I test my "abilities", or lack of, a lot when I'm having trouble.

I think it's sometimes a denial thing, and other times it is purely wondering if I'm really manufacturing this in my mind - though I've come to KNOW that's not the case. When the docs treat you as we have been treated (you especially), it does that to you.

When the doubts creep in, I remind myself that when this first hit me everything in my life was wonderful and the symptoms that showed were things I could never have dreamed up. Shoot, I had never heard of MG until my preliminary dx and had to ask a nurse which was worse - MS or MG!

When I am feeling good, like now, I can't even imitate my walk from when I am bad. I've tried when trying to explain just how bad it gets! I just can't do it the same.

Having had to research gobs of different neuro conditions, I have come to know that there are so many different conditions that can cause the same types of symptoms, including the weakness issues. Your response to the Mestinon is a very strong sign for MG of some form though.

Try to take care of yourself as best you can, maintain your diligence at getting a dx, and keep your postitive attitude. I'm confident you will have better days ahead!

Becky
rach73 (06-14-2009)