View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta View Post
Hi Bobber,
It's not surprising of your anxiety and being scared about your RSD. You have a lot of knowledge if it for being a 'newbie' And your spread has been so fast. I was 4 years before I was diagnosed and didn't know what was going on.
You really have a good chance of going into remission. Keep doing research, have you heard of HBOT Hyberic Oxygen Chamber. It gives you 100% oxygen and promote healing. I'm going to try it soon. Has your Dr. suggested any anti-anxiety meds? It's important to keep your nervous system as calm as possible. There are natural under the tongue B vitamins for this at health food store. Music, natural essential oils like lavender, candles, music of waterfalls, ocean waves. etc. I have a machine that has different settings. Something I did weekly for a couple years and still do is massage therapy. meditation, prayer of course. If you can't walk, would the Dr. let you do stretching?
I'm a spiritual person, but was helped a lot when my parents died by a professional counselor. And again, my neuro is a psychiatrist and helped a lot to adjust to this beast. I attended the annual meeting this year of RSDSA and 135 were present. I really feel my faith, self-care, diet, exercise, stretching, swimming & more have kept me mobile and doing as well as I am. Yes, I have bad days and flares, but I know a lot of the above things and things others have talked about on this forum, the proper meds and therapy have all played a part in doing as well as I am. I'm grateful for that, That's not the case of some at the seminar, and I don't know why, but our inner strength and belief system plays a part in our physical health and well being. Take care, loretta
Loretta
Thank you for the reply,,,im trying to calm downn,,i have cymbaltra ,which is supposed to be for the nerves,,but im also on zenaflex ans the dr, said not to take both,,,the zanaflex is a muscle relaxant. ive been using xanax at night,,my hip dr gave me that,,,i dont want to get addicted to it,,,ive been there ,,addiction is a disease too. i take 1 a nite,,the prescription is 3 x day... they do the job at nite.... im trying not to get upset,,and changing my diet is killing me...i was active and playing sports,,,when im active ive got a garbage can for a stomach,,,you can eat anything,,but i know that if i dont change my diet ,its going to inflame my condition,,please continue to write,,,anything will help,,,,,,,may God give you a remission,,,,,i have you all in prayer.........bobber
bobber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote