Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogodlvr View Post
Under Policies and procedures...fit for duty
it basically says
Employees are required to inform their managers or Employee Health and Wellness if they are taking any medications that may affect drowsiness or mood changes and must submit a confidential form to employee health from their provider regarding theuse of a particular drug or treatment for a medical or psyciatric condition that may interfer with his fitness for duty.

employees who fail to do so or refuse to comply will be suject to corrective action, including termination of emplyment

this kind of binds me dosent it
Contact te Americans with dsabilities act. This sounds like a round about way to get information to say you are not fit for duty and prevent you from coming back or making life miserable until you do quit.

All I had to fill in was medications, not what they were for other then, as my knee I put two knee surgeries so I would not be able to run, but the job was sedentary. I wrote down the Lexapro, synthroid. Not any side affects.Not any diagx.....BUT they did not pay my health insurance.

Perhaps there is a release to the health provider that would not be seen by the employer.
I know the day I was confronted by HR about my disabilities was the LAST day in peace I had. Every single day was sheer HE!!. When I told them I loved my job and no matter what they did I would not quit, they sabotoged me by not telling me about training, then car pooled and told our director I never showed up.

He wanted me to have a written corrections that I would sign in my file and I refused as I did nothing wrong. I was a cracker jack worker that could not be replaced for working with the high security needs cases. level 4 sex offenders, coming from jail to see the kids, multiple kids with learning disabilities and JV histories.....

But I was removed from the schedule for not signing it.....
I knew it was from HR questioning me, asking if I would be up to working extra shifts......she was a real nasty person I once told her, I would not want to tick her off as my butt would be out the door too....

So I would call the ADA find them online and find out...
Maybe they have a document that states to the employer upon the disclosure of a maintained health problem they will not use this information to fire you, or create a hostile work environment.

I almost had a full out breakdown by the time they took me off the schedule. They locked me out of the office talked about me, had a caseworkers dd an intern trying to do my cases and was not qualified under the quidelines for our Grant from the Federal Gov. for monitored visitations.

Sorry to rant, just work place hostility is extremly demeaning and hurtfull.
di

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-13-2009), dogodlvr (06-16-2009), Mari (06-14-2009), waves (06-14-2009)