View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Wink

Dear Di,

what you went through i believe is termed "mobbing" ... and it goes beyond discrimination... even though that was what started it. the "methods" used... covert exclusion from information then blaming you for not acting on it, (carpools), asking if you were up to extra shifts (perhaps even assuming you were not)... all that in itself is illegal regardless of the reason it is done.

you "might" have had a case against them and got your job back (tho you might not want to accept it with such people) plus some money for the time you were not working, plus moral damages. these cases are hard to prove but it sounds like there was some paperwork involved in your case... and some cases are won successfully. but it is water under the bridge now....

still i am so sorry this happened to you. i am certain it was positively horrible.

Dear Dogodlvr,

once again do please check out your legal rights are through the ADA as Di suggests before exposing yourself to such risk. i thought the two resources i gave you might also be able to give you specific information specific to your field. but perhaps the ADA is the best starting point.

Good Luck!!!

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-14-2009), DiMarie (06-14-2009), dogodlvr (06-15-2009), Mari (06-14-2009)