View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

I looked up the pharmacology of Ultram (again--)
It has SSRI and SNRI effects as well as mu receptor activity.
The SSRI is probably the flush tingling feeling and the nausea, the SNRI the alertness and then the mu is the euphoria. I don't get any euphoria with hydrocodone (the few times I used it). Codeine can give me a little high with T3 30mg strength. If I use a T3 which my doctor won't easily give BTW, it lasts me 2 days at least. I did have a throbbing headache in the back of my neck yesterday, that I had to take Tylenol for.

I didn't take any last night. I did sleep pretty well too. My stiffness is better, but some hip pain has returned.

Today will be a very active day --including working on our rock wall. If I am suffering tonight I will try 1/2 of one, as suggested here.

I am really sensitive to drugs. When I had my C-section I remember a Demerol/Phenergan shot in recovery (Spinal wearing off), and I slept a whole day--next thing it was the next day afternoon!
Totally gone I was. And then while in the hospital, I only needed T3's and not every time offered, either. I didn't take any opiate when I came home at all, with a 15 inch incision! (I had an exploratory looking with this C-section, looking for a tumor which didn't exist luckily for me!)

So yes, pabb, I might be a slow metabolizer, too!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote