View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 10:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused magnesium: Malic Relief Formula???

Hey BlueMajo and Daniella (and all), Hello!

I am sitting here looking at an unopened bottle of magnesium which I ordered a while back. I have been adding supplements slowly; if I have a reaction, I'll hopefully know which supplement it is! I think I'm up to about 12 in number and having trouble with when to take them, and in what combination. Ugh!

My hesitancy to start the mag is what I've read about a tendency for some to have diarrhea. That's an issue I don't want to add to my already too-long list. I read a post of mrsD's which addressed magnesium and one of the preferred was a slow release. So that's what I thought I bought but now I'm not sure if I bought the right type of magnesium. (Thus,the mood icon. of course, that's very appropriate for EVERY day.)

My purchase was for County Life's, 'biochem' time release MALIC RELIEF FORMULA. wow. what a mouth full (he he) It also says on the label 'Malic/Magnesium Complex helps improve muscle function'... I'm also seeing about 11 ingredients. Jeepers. Never head of half of it.

In order of listing top to bottom, ingredients are:
B-6 (10 mg & 500% daily value)
calcium carbonate (400 mg & 40% dv)
magnesium malate (200 mg & 50% dv)
manganese citrate (10 mg & 500% dv)
chromium (200 mcg & 167% dv)

also,
malic acid(as magnesium malate) 825 mg; dv??
DL-phenylatanine 200 mg
curcumin (rhizome) 200 mg
devil's claw extract root 120 mg
(2.5% harpagosides equal to 3mg) silica 20mg
horsetail extract (leaf/stem) (7% silica equal to0.14mg) 2mg

Spelling could definitely be off on some of these. I really can't read it well even with my glasses on. After typing that list, I definitely am very hesitant to take it. ... devil's claw and horsetail ... sounds like something the sisters in macbeth would brew up.

Well, guys, if anyone knows about this particular brand, any info would be greatly appreciated. Gotta go 4 now, numbness in fingers has returned with a vengence today.

Not sure if it's two steps forward, one step back -- or one step forward, two steps back.
pearl girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote