View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 01:33 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

hello global accelerators..lol,

peg has been trying to talk me into a book, but it's soooo much work. i would need lots of help. We have an action packed history. HOw do others feel about adding a chapter?

jaye, public speaking and talking to doctors are great [and necessary] things to do. i liked your rant.

i'm going to toss this into the hat. like lindy, i have typed it out a few times and lost them to dyskinesia. i should start a new thread.

lizzie from 23andMe got the idea to expand my you tube channel where the videos are to include patient stories. You can film yourself and send it, then i would put it on the you tube playlist. She asked for comments on this new type of research; i was thinking of a specific list and it is short - of things that could be included if you send a short video.

whatever personal info you want to share but would need to include date of dx and years you've had it. don't try to hide your symptoms.

tell your story, and try to relate your feeling s about genetics analysis and online research [mJFF has a new thing going there too] in the story.

or fit it in here - for those of you who are so inclined, make an advocacy statement. Clear, focused, with conviction.

you tube has a ten minute limit on videos. that's probably too long unless you really keep it moving. if you are making an adocacy statement, you may need resources to back you up.

we can have a channel of personal experiences and advocacy statements on you tube.

thanks for conisdering and for this good thread. hope it continues on.
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 06-14-2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typed before seeing two previous posts
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote