Thread: My dear niece
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default My dear niece

Hello friends! I am a nervous wreck, as my dear niece is having surgery for her Chiari Malformation on the 23rd. I am flying to NC on the 21st to be there, as my Sis (her Mom) is also a wreck. My niece has had Chiari's for a long time, but it is at a''must correct now'' situation. There is like a plug in her CSF and she is having alot of distress. For years they incorrectly dx'd her w/severe migraines.

The surgery involves taking a 4 X 4 piece of skull out, remove the plug, take out her C1 vertebrae and do some other corrective work, then put the skull piece back on and pray that no damage has been done or that there is no fluid build up after the surgery, as then, they would have to do more surgery. It's very risky and I'm so scared. This niece is like a DD to my DH and myself and a Sis to my kids'. She has an 11 yo DD and I willl be there for around 10 days.

If you could, I'd so much appreciate a prayers for my sweet niece and our family. I know how much the power of prayer helps. We appreciate it so much.

Thank you all.....

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote