View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 10:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just Diagnosed With ON

I was just diagnosed with ON and had my first nerve block on Wednesday (6/10/09).

My history is cushings disease, pituitary surgery with 4 CSF leaks. Then a bilateral adrenalectomy which left me with addison's disease.

Since all of this, which took place in 2006, I have been left with dibalitating headaches that up until now the neurologist had diagnosed as migraines. Finally after describing to him the shocking sensations I have been experiencing on the back left side of my head he figured out it was ON. He was good enough to have me come straight in for the nerve block shot.

I must say that it did not hurt at all but then again I was was in so much pain that he could have given it to me in my eye and I wouldn't have cared . . . . . I just wanted to stop being shocked!!

Since having the block I have only experienced the shock a few times and nothing like the severity it was before.

Also the numbness of the block had worn off within a few hours after having it done. I wondered if that was normal?

Guess that's about it for me. Now we'll see how long it works for. Hopefully it will work forever . . . . Isn't that what we all want?

Amy
kalimae7371 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote