Thread: Newbie Question
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 10:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma3love View Post
Hi Sue and welcome. I think that MG is such a difficult disease to pin down. And just when you think you know how far to push yourself it changes again. I have had a lot of trouble taking mestinon personally. It gives me migraines, so I take a really strong preventative in order to take it. I think I am alone on the migraine thing tho. But I do have to take a lot more of it now than when I first started taking it. Well again Welcome and I try to write down all my questions that I come up with for doctors on a notepad in my purse. That way I remember them all. Good Luck and keep coming back.
Thanks for warm welcome! Sorry about your migraines. I had about four as an after effect from adult mono. I had never had a headache in my life before then. Never even taken an aspirin. HORRIBLE, debilitating, outright nasty migraines can be. Only the four - - and that was many years ago. I am very lucky - - and am grateful.

I am about to 'celebrate' my one week aniversary on Mestinon. Yeah! Right now I am convinced it is a wonder drug for me - - and really hope it stays that way! I have started a MG diary of sorts. My neuro has encouraged me to 'experiment' within limits with the timing and dosage of Mestinon - so I'm keeping track of that.

I wished I had found this forum during the 'searching for what's wrong with me' phase. Honestly, there were times when I wondered if I was just being a lazy, whiny baby when I would have those 'lower than a snake's belly' kind of days. Especially when it turned out the next day was a winner! (hehehehehe)

Anyway, thanks to all for sharing and encouraging words. Validation is a beautiful thing!! Someday, my experience will be of help to someone else as your's are now for me.

Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote