View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 11:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma3love View Post
I just wondered if anyone else has some of these symptoms. I have been assuming its the MG but I could be wrong. I have really bad muscle cramps. The more weak I am the more I have and I get them everywhere. Even in my fingers. My legs are the worst. Its not exactly like a charlie horse, tho I get tons of those. My muscles just tense really bad and spasm like crazy. It is very hard and painful to move. I have to walk weird to get anywhere.

Also does anyone ever seem to take as much mestinon as allowed and it just does not seem to help? I have had a sorta dx for 5 years but just got the official one a few months ago. I have been struggling bad since my thymectomy, and they only want to put me on Imuran. I was really hoping for IVIG. Especially since rest and mestinon is not helping. They dont want to put me on pred, besides I refuse that stuff. I do not tolerate it well, its some weird genetic thing. My mom and grandma cant tolerate it either.

Anyway just curious about all that. Thanks for any input. Hope everyone is having a positive day today.

Funny that you mention your spasms and muscle cramps. I have had severe spasms and cramps since I started on mestinon. They are all over my body and no explanation or reason as to when and where they might happen on me. Sometimes I can't even sleep due to the spasms. Laying down seems to make them worse with me. I seem to have them more after IVIG treatments, which I just had last Monday and Tuesday. I am even having twitching of my eyes, which is about to drive me crazy! I wish I knew how to control them, but I have asked and my neuro has just told me that he can't control that. Life goes on and I just make the best of it! Hope you have a great week.
Simon
TxSimon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote