View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady View Post
While talking to the Neuro I was telling her about some symptoms I had when I was 16 years old. She said, they could have been MS symptoms back then. I never thought about that. In my early twenties maybe, but not as a teen I thought. I guess I'll never know that answer.

As a kid I had plenty of sunshine, lots of fish, cod liver oil every morning (icky!) veggies and fresh foods but I was sickly. I caught every childhood disease, so had plenty of anti-bodies to illnesses built up. Hmm I had allergies too.

So I can see my body getting overactive, and still attacking itself, even when the illness was gone. Autoimmunity to inflammatory.
I've been able to go back to about 19 yrs old with my symptoms, and according to my daughter's neurologist, if the same thing happened now, they would have dx me (at least "probable) on that basis. I don't believe that, knowing what others STILL go through to get the dx ... but it definitely would have been confirmed at age 31 if I had let them test me. I didn't see the point in knowing though as there were no drugs available to help anyway, and I could still work.

I have a ton of allergies too, with lots of sinus problems, bacterial infections, Ulcerative Colitis, and a problem with processing calcium. On that basis, I'm glad (and kinda' surprised) LDN worked for us, cause I really thought I'd have trouble with this med too.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (06-15-2009)