View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 11:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm surprised. You guys aren't scaring me too much yet. I know the after care is going to be miserable. I remember several years ago reading about how that part is worse than the actual pregnancy.

At least at that point (after the birth) I can employ the help of others. My biggest concern is the actual pregnancy, because I'm pretty much on my own with that. I can't undo it, and it's not like I can hand it off to my husband or mom when I'm not feeling good. My husband knows what he's getting himself into. He knows I can't carry anything, and he's ready to take up the slack. And my mom is going to be awesome, I just know it. She's retiring this year and has already said she'll babysit and help with everything! She lives less than 2 miles away.

Pushing vs. C Section: I was always a fan of the C Section for TOSers, until I started really, seriously thinking about this. Now I'm thinking that getting an epidural and pushing is the way to go. It's a much quicker recovery. I want to be up on my feet, exercising, as quickly as I possibly can. The more I get up and move, the better I feel. And I really need my abs to work. If I end up bed-ridden, my arms will shrivel up and I'll have more problems. But, I hear you -- the whole tucking the chin in and bearing down and pushing thing... Ugh. I can't even tuck my chin to my chest comfortably right now on a normal day with no pushing.

So I think I'm going to make sure I have the option to do the C Section. If the baby seems really large, or if I'm not feeling up to it around the time I am due, then I want to be able to make that decision, at least. My mom had very small babies, premature both times, and pushed them out in a matter of seconds. I'm hoping it goes that way for me, too.

My chiro told me, and I think I've read this here in the past, too, that everything in our bodies expands when we get pregnant, so there's a chance I might feel less TOS symptoms. Wouldn't that be nice.

I can't believe I'm seriously thinking about this.

~ Jenny
JennyHurts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-18-2009)