View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have to agree, its not going to be as easy as asking for it, and getting it. There is a tough row to hoe ahead. There are many factors that will need to be brought into play before we can just begin a conversation, let alone make progress. no matter what they do, it will cost big time.

I too am one of those lucky ticket holders that has the golden egg. I am triple covered. I have three of the best policies money can buy. I pay $3 for my prescriptions at a one month package, and $9 for a 3 month package if I wish it that way. This includes, but is not limited to my copaxone, and all the other meds I am given. I can check into any hospital in any state at any time of the day or night, and know i am covered. From a band aid to massive surgery or life saving interventions or transplants. I am covered, at very little to no out of pocket cost to me. I cannot imagine letting go of my current policy in favor of one that may limit my choices of MDs or hospitals I can chose. I cant imagine someone saying I would have to be put on a waiting list for an MRI should my MD chose to order one. I would be upset if someone told my mom she couldnt have a new kidney paid for because she is over a certain age, or has a chronic condition.

I can agree that the more than 46 million americans without insurance need some help. Health care costs have skyrocketed and medicine has become a multi billion dollar industry for so many. The fat cats can charge $120 for a box of kleenex in a hospital, while we have many who cannot afford to have a cavity filled. The current balance is unequal, and I am in favor of a more reasonable level of fees for a more reasonable level of service. Maybe then we can start to clear out some of the ERs in this country with the masses that are forced to use them as a primary care center, because no other place will treat them.

I cannot forsee any plan zipping out of the gate, hitting the ground running, and making everything ok for both sides of the fence at the same time. Its gonna get messy.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erin524 (06-15-2009), Jappy (06-16-2009), SallyC (06-15-2009)