View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 03:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Remembering Christmas 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjude5050 View Post
Hi Karen,
Klonipin is not a pain med. It is in the family of bensodiazepine, which is used at times for seizure disorders, Parkinson's or as a anti-anxiety drug.
It works on the central nervous system and they have been using it to treat restless leg for a while now. Still, requip is the only one so far that is FDA approved.
I take it at bedtime, so all I know is that I can sleep pain free, so that is a good thing and also that one would have to back down quite slowly. My body is quite used to it so therefore I am sure that I would have some sort of redrawals if I just up and quit taking it.
So far in there research, something is misfiring in the brain and sending the wrong signal to the legs. That is pretty much how my sleep doc explained it.
Thanks again for your input,
Judy
OH, Sorry I completely misunderstood.

Do I understand now: You have a lot of leg pain? and the "creepy crawly" thing that they mention in the Requip commercials?

What really strikes me as I read what you've written is the leg pain... only I'm not sure I'm reading that right.

Here's the thing, in and around 1997 I was having such horrible leg bone pain at night that I was getting less than three hours sleep, even counting what I could catch during the day.

I was sure it was from stress... the IRS had levied me out of business collecting a year I'd already paid, and I could not get them to correct their work. U.S. News & World Report used some of my experience in a news story on abuse by the IRS.

Okay, so I thought it was the stress. And I always thought there were spiders crawling on my legs. I was constantly batting them off, but when I looked before I batted, no spider.

Then I was going to kill myself in protest of abuse by IRS and I flipped a coin to see if it was a good idea, (not wanting to go to hell) and the coins said yes.

OOPS! I mean, I was surprised.

But, I kept my word, as I'd been writing letters saying that if as a result of the IRS abuse my home was foreclosed or I ran out of money I would kill myself in protest.

However, I was found in my car and taken to hospital and saved. And in the tests they run on people who try to kill themselves there was a B12 test. My level was reported as "Profound Anemia." That was in May, 1997.

But then the police came to the hospital and took me to jail because the weeds in my front yard were too tall.... Chamisa is a local shrub that grows quite large.

So no one ever told me much about what "profound anemia" meant. I tried to sue the police for taking me out of hospital, and I was able to get my hospital records that way. (The police settled for $12,500 -- actually, it was the city that settled, as I don't think you can sue the police exactly. I forget. Sorry.)

Okay, so I knew my B12 level was low and that was why I was said to have "profound anemia."

And they'd given me a shot in hospital.

To continue having shots was $22 a shot and I didn't have any money due to having been put out of business. So I thought, well, I'll just get the MegaB vitamins from K Mart and take those. They said they had some B12 in them.

So I took two or three bottles in one month. I was taking two or three every hour with a lot of tea and other liquid.

And, to my huge surprise I stopped having any allergies.

But, when I had a second B12 test, my level was unchanged.

I had a couple more of the expensive shots, and then on Christmas Eve 1997 a new doctor that I went to prescribed B12 shots that I would give myself, so after that I had them regularly, and in fact the neurologist I went to after I was well enough to go back to work (not as a Realtor, I wasn't that well, but as a front desk clerk) said to take extra B12 shots when I was under stress.

So, some months later the pain in my legs was gone and I was feeling the spiders much less frequently.

to me, it was a miracle.

But at the same time, I was pretty upset that the original doctors had failed to tell me clearly about B12.

I mention all of that because maybe it will ring a bell with you. I hope you get the Methylcobalamin. I am so sure it will help.

Last edited by ConsiderThis; 12-22-2006 at 03:14 PM.
ConsiderThis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote